Want to become a Volunteer?
2019 Volunteer Application
Pictou County Ribfest – Hours of Operation:
- Friday August 23rd– 11am to 11pm
- Saturday August 24th– 11am to 11pm
- Sunday August 25th– 11am to 7pm
Location: Glasgow Square Theatre and Surrounding Area
We are so excited to be bringing Ribfest to Pictou County. It is going to be a fantastic weekend of food, family, fun and entertainment!
We are looking for volunteers to help us out every day all weekend long. The first ever Pictou County Ribfest is going to be an amazing success and we know that our volunteers are going to be a key piece to that success!
Our community has so many amazing people that are willing to volunteer their time for great causes like the ones that this event is supporting. The two charities that we are raising funds for are Habitat for Humanity Pictou County and Viola’s Place Society homeless shelter.
Please select volunteer area(s) that you are interested in below and also select the day(s) and time(s) that you are available for. You will receive and email with your shift, area, date and time to confirm your availability.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com
Pictou County Ribfest – Volunteer Code of Conduct:
- Volunteers agree that they will not use alcohol or unlawful drugs while on duty. Smoking is not permitted.
- Volunteers should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled shift and call the Volunteer Coordinator if unable to make a shift.
- Volunteers need to be committed to the job they have been assigned to do. While on duty, your time is committed to doing that job.
- No volunteer will accept tips when dealing with cash.
- All volunteers must remember that they are representatives of Pictou County Ribfest. It is important that the conduct of the volunteers with the public, vendors and other volunteers is role model behaviour at all times. Wearing a smile is very important and we want to keep the environment positive, supportive and encouraging at all times.